Saturday, September 10, 2011

Chocolate Love

It has been a while since my last post- we have had a fairly stressful summer here in Kreieki land.  I am hopeful that we are done with family emergencies and no one else I love gets sick for a while. 

Last Monday my father in law passed away.  He would have been 92 in October.  He was one of the kindest, gentlest men I have ever known, and he, with his wife raised three great kids- Every one should have the blessing of being married into a great family.  The last line of his Obituary read "He loved his wife, his family, cake, ice cream and fudge." That about sums him up.  He was never very far from chocolate of some sort, usually mini chocolate bars.  His kids each had a story about his fudge addiction. My husbands favorite was how his dad would make fudge on Sunday nights to go with the popcorn they would have as a treat.  In honor of this great man-I say go forth and eat chocolate.

I can't give out my Mom's Fudge recipe under threat of being disowned, however, a close second, if you want to make fudge is to use the recipe on the back of Krafts Marshmallow Cream...

No comments:

Post a Comment